Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Embracing Life


I'm in Bloomington Illinois today to watch Michele, my WSM (love that Taryn!), receive one of the 2009 Embrace Life Awards presented each year by State Farm Insurance. The program recognizes people who have suffered the loss of a loved one and tried to make it into something positive. Obviously, Michele fits the bill perfectly.

The recipients varied from young adults suffering the loss of parents, to young widows and widowers, to older widows, all of whom have managed to make margaritas out of the limes served to them by life. It was an amazing awards ceremony, and I met some truly inspiring people. What a great way to start out a week. You can read about Michele and the other recipients on the State Farm website.

Congratulations Michele. The work you do will benefit so many, and the way you do it inspires all you touch. Love you Tacalla, and so happy to be along for the ride.

Happy Tuesday everyone!

1 comment:

  1. To both of you Michelle, and Michele, I sure wish I could have met you. You both were only about two hours from me. I could use some inspiration. My husband died seventeen weeks ago, and I don't know how anyone can turn anything good out of any of this. I don't know where you find the energy to even think about a positive. I do send my congratulations to you, it is an honor to receive such an award. Lorry

    ReplyDelete