Saturday, September 26, 2009

I Am Thankful




This weekend I am at another AWP event. We have military widows from all different creeds and backgrounds, all celebrating, smiling and living life to the fullest. As I sit in their presence, I am at awe and honor to be in their presence.

In each of them I celebrate their own individual journey, as it reinforces my own. I never envisioned my life being this way at the age of 23, but I could have never asked for more amazing widows in arms to be along this with.

This weekend we are staying in a cabin in the woods, horseback riding, cooking, and relaxing at the spa. But more then that, we are learning how to live and love life again. The instant camaraderie that comes with being a widow is one I know will never ever take for granted, as it has been a key to my path in widowhood.

Thank you widows.....Thank you.

2 comments:

  1. The weekend trip sounds really amazing. I wish I had known about it because I think I would have signed up to go. I have not yet met another military widow in person and would really love to be around people who finally get what I am going through. How do I find out about upcoming things like that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. SJ-
    Shoot me an email at: taryn@americanwidowproject.org or Request a DVD on www.americanwidowproject.org and I'll get you all the info.
    Hope to meet you one day!
    Taryn

    ReplyDelete