Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Pretty Good

Well, usually there is some drama or some burning question to discuss on a Tuesday....but so far, so good! What do I blog about when things are just pretty good? Nothing terrible to report this week, no self actualization, no amazing realizations...just normal life. I guess that is something, isn't it?

I think sometimes I get caught up doing everything and forget to just breathe. This weekend was a breathing exercise of sorts, and I spent a relaxing couple of days with a great friend or two. A little time to just "be" is sometimes hard for me to come by. I enjoyed every moment.

My resolution for this year is to "be" more. I tend to overbook myself and I don't see that improving really, I am what I am (see popeye stance above for proof! ;). But, I do intend to slow down and breathe a bit more: see a few more movies, read a few more books, work up a few more recipes, spend a few more hours playing one on one in the driveway. The other stuff, the more serious stuff? It will be there. I will deal with it. I just don't have to give it Headliner status.

Happy Tuesday!! - Michelle D.

1 comment:

  1. It's interesting that you say you need to breathe. I've said it before and other widows I know eventually say the same thing.

    I wish you well and hope you find peace.
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete