Friday, June 4, 2010

moving day


Photo from arttherapyblog


In times of stress and unease, I occasionally look for quotes to use as a mantra to repeat when necessary.
So tomorrow as we move from the house that we shared with my beloved best friend/husband/father of our little ones, I will be repeating yet another appropriate phrase in the hopes of easing the fear, sadness and sense of loss that this change is bringing....along with its' intrigue, curiousity and excitement:

"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." ~Anatole France

2 comments:

  1. The quote is awesome. You are incredibly brave and an inspiration to me. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck today Jackie - I've done this too and it was sooo hard and really good too. Sending you a big hug.

    ReplyDelete