Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Time Flies!



Ten years ago my little guy came unexpectedly into the world. He was six weeks early, our house was not quite finished with a last minute remodel, and I had been hanging sheet rock the day before....yes, I know this sounds like a bad idea. :)

Ten years later, I have the good fortune to be the mother of a fabulous little guy (or not so little, he's officially passed up one of his grandmothers in height and is well on the way to passing the other).

To celebrate his "double digits" we went to San Antonio this past weekend. My dad came in from England for the occasion, we had some great friends go with us, and a wonderful time was had by all. It was a 4 day celebration, and we loved every minute: roller coasters, water slides, sunburns, all the right things to mark a great vacation!

It's hard to believe he's 10. He was 5 when Daniel passed away. He's lived almost as much of his life without his Dad as he did with him. Sad. That is the only part that is sad though, the rest is joyful. Happy birthday Grayson Dippel, you are a gift to me every day. I love you my little guy.

Happy Tuesday! - Michelle D.









1 comment:

  1. Such a great post! It is so important to celebrate those special moments in our kid's lives. I remember when my son turned 10 it felt like the ten years of parenting had flown by so quickly...and at that point I had been parenting alone for nearly 4 years. He's twelve now and his little brother is 5...he was only 6 months when his dad died...and as I enter his adolescence, I am amazed that time has passed so quickly. It is so bittersweet. I miss that their dad isn't here to see how great they are.
    Chris
    http://widowisland.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete