Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Together at Last!

I hadn't really thought about it until Friday night, but at the Camp Widow welcome reception, it was decided we needed to get a photo of all of the widow's voice bloggers. It occurred to me then that we'd never all been in the same place physically. Emotionally we are here on the blog daily. Physically? We're spread across the country. The actual photo you see here wasn't taken until Saturday night, when we were all together and looking quite fabulous!

I know several of us dedicated our blogs last week to anticipation of Camp Widow, and I had intended to have a different topic for this week...but I have Camp Widow on the brain!! It was such a wonderful and rewarding weekend, my head is still spinning and I keep playing different conversations over in my mind: the stories I heard, the memories shared, the jokes over ridiculous shared experiences, the tears over horrific shared experiences. I've had flashbacks to small groups talking for hours, new-found friends sharing a laugh or a shedding a tear as they realized their similarities. It was an intense and emotional experience.

I'm so grateful to each and every one of you that came for it, and looking forward to next year so I can meet those of you that couldn't.

Happy Tuesday! - Michelle D.

2 comments:

  1. It is wonderful to see all of you together in one photo! You all look fabulous! I have been reading your blog for the past nine months and I can't tell you how much I have gained by reading each of your postings.
    Thank you for sharing yourselves with all of us out here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The weekend was absolutely amazing! I felt inspired, resilient, and best of all, hopeful. I left San Diego a better widow.

    ReplyDelete