Wednesday, August 17, 2011

An Emotional Time ....


.... was had by all.

I am at the San Diego airport, waiting for my flight back to Houston.
I am spent.
I am exhausted.
Physically and emotionally.
And I know I'm not the only one.

But it's a good exhaustion.
And I know I'm the only person who thinks that.

Camp Widow 2011 was a huge success.
I'm not talking about a "business success".
Yes, it's probably a bit important that an event be attended by a huge number of people, that it makes a huge amount of money, and that it gets a huge amount of attention.

That's not was this weekend was about.

It was about people.
Plain and simple.
It was about people meeting people and sharing their hearts.
And it was a HUGE success.

We all have one horrible thing in common.

And yet, now almost three hundred of us know that we have more than that in common.
We are more than our label.

We shared tears, laughs, photos, fun, stories, lack of sleep (oh my word, the lack of sleep!) ....
.... and we shared love.
Love for those who aren't here with us anymore.
Love for our families.
Love for each other.
And love for this organization and it's cause .... to let all widowed people from all over the world know that they are not alone and that there is support .... here.

I hope that's what each and every person found this weekend.
And I hope that each and every person can pass that on .... at some point in time.
Maybe not now.
But later.
To someone.

And I am very emotionally looking forward to seeing all of you again.
And more of you next time.

Because it's true, you know.
We TOTALLY rock.
:)

2 comments:

  1. It was a love fest Janine. I haven't felt this much love in a very long time. It's amazing how we can go from having very deep and personal discussions about our loss, then be kicking it up in celebration of each other. I too returned home totally exhausted, and in a good way.

    Love you.

    Dan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello my new friend,

    Was great to meet you at Camp Widow! I hope we see each other again, come to Chicago!! Hope you are catching up on some rest .... it was all worth it for sure.

    Love,
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete