Saturday, December 10, 2011

Fairy Tales


Michael's my prince charming. He saved me from the poisoned apple, kissed me out of an eternal sleep, slayed the dragon, and swept me up into his safe arms. And as soon as I was swept up, I felt like he was pulled away from me.

But, I still believe in fairy tales. It has been through my fellow widows; their stories, pictures, memories and thoughts....that I realized there were others in this world that had found their Aladdin, Beast, and Prince Phillip. It reinforced that I have felt the greatest of love's yet survived the largest of tragedies....and I was not alone in surviving.

It reinforced that love will always live on.

So I will wake tomorrow, out of my glass case, surrounded by seven dwarves but no prince...within sight. I will take on this world, this tale we started....and in the end I will have my happy ending, as we will be together, and live happily ever after....and until then, I shall always believe in fairy tales and the FACT that they do come true.

"Only those who truly love and who are truly strong can sustain                      their lives as a dream. You dwell in your own enchantment.                      Life throws stones at you, but your love and your dream change                      those stones into the flowers of discovery. Even if you lose,                      or are defeated by things, your triumph will always be exemplary.                      And if no one knows it, then there are places that do. People                      like you enrich the dreams of the worlds, and it is dreams                      that create history. People like you are unknowing transformers                      of things, protected by your own fairy-tale, by love."
                    -Ben Okri

3 comments:

  1. hopeful, lovely, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I just stay asleep in the glass box for a little while longer?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could . . .but I don't believe in fairy tales.
    Not after what I have experienced.
    I want to believe in the someday my prince (the one I lost to cancer) will come back for me.
    I really want to but I can't, not tonight.

    ReplyDelete