Saturday, August 25, 2012

Sanctuary

I feel so behind on sharing some of my time at Camp Widow.

Words will never do justice to the silent and solid bond created within hours to the most unlkely of people. The young and seasoned. Hearing and deaf. Male and female.

It was a melting pot at the very least of those with one commonailty...okay..two.

They had found true love and that person was taken too soon.

When reflecting on my time there and people met, Tarra and Bella came to mind.


Their friendship so unlikely in normal circumstances, but obviously they're ahead of the curve  in knowing there is no "normal".

They embrace each other unconditionally and are there through thick and thin...just like I know all of my fellow "campers" are and will always be to each other.

Thank you, Michele...for creating a "sanctuary" for all of us Tarra's and Bella's!

2 comments:

  1. I love it. I just wrote about the bond created among widows in my post about the message releases this year: http://conniesprojectreclaim.blogspot.com/2012/08/the-camp-widow-2012-message-releases.html. There's nothing like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the story of Tara and Bella, we can learn so much from our animal friends. Accepting each other for what we are, standing vigil and just being there through thick and thin. Thanks, Taryn, lovely video.

    ReplyDelete