Saturday, March 8, 2014

Popped



There are many things I'm certain of in and of myself:


I am strong.

I am resilient.

I am confident.

I am driven.

I am passionate.

I am a rebel.

I am a lover.

I am a giver.

I am a life embracer.

But I must be honest.

Last year, I found myself challenged.


Now, I must preface that with that fact that I live for challenges. I thrive off of them.

And yet, when I found myself challenged in a way I could have never predicted...expected...I realized that in the midst of being and living all of the truths earlier mentioned, that there was still a part within myself that I had stayed disconnected from.

It was not some bear simply hibernating, that I speak of....something that I expected to at some point unveil itself...

I'm talking bigfoot!


A part of me that I've never embraced, acknowledged, lived...simply because I had convinced myself it didn't exist.

A part of me that I have no control over.

A part of me that left me with two choices...

Reconnect or stay in control of my little bubble.


It all took me back to a favorite saying, "Everything you want is on the other side of fear."

I think my soul saw something before my mind could grasp it....and luckily, I made the choice to not ignore it...to reconnect....to plug back in...all of me.

I'd recommend it to all...


Pop the little bubble you may have unconsciously placed yourself in.

Though you can see though it.

Though you can still go places....

Until you do, there will still be a part of you encased in something that is too small to hold all of you and all you have to give.

4 comments:

  1. Love your expression: "Everything you want is on the other side of fear." It is so PERFECT for me tonight as I contemplate major life changes. Wow. What serendipity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I needed a reminder today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! Affirmation for moving forward.

    ReplyDelete
  4. how amazing to read your incredible post - the timing was so spot-on! I have prided myself on taking baby steps, feeling the first glimmers of transitioning from the raw, surreal bereavement, and daring to do some small things outside my comfort zone. some gave me confidence, but lately I feel uneasy - afraid to burst out of the bubble and really go for bigger changes. I needed to read this wonderful post to spur me onward towards the efforts to reshape my life into one that is meaningful and a lot more life-reaffirming. thank you!

    ReplyDelete